Part-time Faculty Campus and Contract Information

Please request a copy of the Collective Bargaining Agreement from Human Resources

Faculty ID Cards
All part-time faculty are urged to obtain an ID card from the Card Office located in the CCSU Bookstore in the Student Center. Your ID is the key to many of your academic resources! Call the Card Office at Ext. 22140 for a schedule of times when faculty ID cards will be processed.

Parking Permit

Parking permits are available at the CCSU Police Department, Pikiell Lane or call Ext. 22375.

Pay Schedule

Call Human Resources for the schedule. The two options for receiving your pay are by mail and direct deposit. Direct deposit is available by filling out the appropriate form and providing the Routing Transit # from your bank. Contact Human Resources, Davidson Hall, with payroll questions.

Bookstore Discount

Use your faculty ID to receive a 10% discount on books, clothing, and other purchases from the CCSU Bookstore, which is affiliated with Barnes & Noble. Your discount also applies to purchases made at the ECSU, SCSU, and WCSU bookstores.  Textbook orders should be made through your Department Secretary or Department Chairperson.

Health Care Premiums

As a part-time member of the instructional faculty you are eligible for selected benefits. You may purchase health and/or dental coverage at an assigned group rate. Contact Human Resources, Davidson 119, Ext. 21750, if you did not receive notification of these benefits.

Tax Sheltered Annuity (403B)

Available to all part-time faculty. Salary deductions will be made on a pre-tax bi-weekly (per pay period) basis. A minimum of $25 is required to start with approximately 25% of annual salary eligible to be set aside for this. A list of approved companies are available in Human Resources, Davidson 119 Ext. 21750.

Pension Benefits

Pursuant to Article 14.2.1 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, “Part-time members shall have the right to join or refuse to join the State Employees Retirement System or Teachers Retirement System . . . or the Alternate Retirement Plan for Higher Education.” The Alternate Retirement Plan is administered by ING and allows part-time faculty to contribute 5% of their salaries to a pension plan, while the state contributes 8% to the plan. There are currently 24 funds available for investment purposes. Additionally, the state has introduced another retirement option, the Hybrid Retirement Plan. For more information,  contact Human Resources, Davidson 119, Ext. 21750.

E-Mail Accounts 

Get on-line with Microsoft Outlook and jump on the information superhighway. You may access the CSU system, the Internet, World Wide Web, and more. To obtain an account address, contact the Faculty Computing Center, Willard Hall at Ext. 22026. Be sure to watch for computer workshops being offered throughout the semester.

Academic Computer Labs

Computers containing software for word processing and internet access are available in the following labs for faculty use:

Marcus White PC/MacIntosh Lab

Faculty Computing Center, Willard Hall

Telephone and Voicemail

Voicemail is provided for all part-time faculty. Those who are interested in obtaining voicemail boxes should request one through their department chairperson. For part-time faculty who do not have an office or telephone on campus, voicemail can be remotely accessed from any telephone, making it convenient for you and your students.

Recreation Facilities

Part-time faculty have access to all recreation facilities on campus. These include the pool, the bubble, indoor tennis courts, and the exercise facilities in Kaiser, Beecher, and Sam May Halls (free of charge). Facilities are open when school is in session. Take advantage of this healthful benefit!

Library Privileges

Your Faculty ID will entitle you to library privileges at the Elihu Burritt Library. Ask the circulation desk for more information.

University Course Privileges

There are course privileges, on a space available basis, for part-time members employed for 18 or more load credits. See Article 13.13 in the Collective Bargaining Agreement for additional information. Copies of the Collective Bargaining Agreement are available from Human Resources, Davidson 119.

Contractual Rights

Faculty Travel & Development Funds

10% of the funds allocated for faculty travel and faculty development are designated for the exclusive use of part-time faculty. Faculty travel money can be used to attend a professional conference, seminar or workshop. Faculty development funds can be used to attend a program or workshop to learn a new skill and/or enhance your abilities as a university professional.

Faculty members will have to submit travel form requests through their department chairs to the deans of their schools for travel funds. It is important that you request a CSU Travel Authorization Form from your department as early as possible if you are planning on using travel money. Please see the Travel Office website for more information.

Take advantage of this benefit!

Salary Groups

There are six salary groups for part-time faculty. Make sure you are in the right group and are being paid the appropriate amount. See the AAUP Collective Bargaining Agreement Article 12.8.


Membership in AAUP requires that you complete the CCSU-AAUP membership form. With this membership you will receive the publication “Academe”, and you are entitled to many benefits and services such as: Legal Service Plan Inc., 10% discount at Oak Hall Cap & Gown Co., Connecticut State Employees Credit Union, Automobile and Homeowners Insurance Plans, Universal Studios Fan Club, Wadsworth Athenaeum Memberships, and more.